The Calcium Releaser from Oceancare Products is an acid-free cleaner that is non-toxic and safe and effectively removes calcium deposits and efflorescence from pool tile. The Calcium Releaser from Oceancare is meant to remove calcium deposits in layers through the use of their advanced acid-mimic technology. This technology is meant to specifically target mineral build-up without damaging the tile surface or metal finishes. If the Calcium Releaser is applied prior to any media-blasting, the Calcium Releaser loosens and softens the calcium deposits allowing for reduced blasting time and reduced media consumption. The Calcium Releaser from Oceancare is perfectly safe and suitable for ceramic tile, glass tile, iridescent glass tile, and porcelain tile.
- Removes heavy calcium deposits and efflorescence
- Environmentally safe, acid free and non-toxic
- Safe for regular use on glass, iridescent glass, porcelain and ceramic tile
- Does not affect pool pH
- Coverage 32 FL OZ = ~75 sq. ft. 1 GAL = ~300 sq. ft.
The Calcium Releaser from Oceancare Products may etch some materials that contain minerals, such as concrete or natural stone. Some dark grout colors (particularly grey colors) may retain a white residue after cleaning it with this product. If the white residue is to be removed, cleaning it with a mild acid cleaner (sulfamic acid) is required. It is always recommended to test the product in an inconspicuous area in order to determine the suitability for its intended use. It is very important to mask and protect the surrounding areas around the intended area use.
- If necessary, lower water level to expose calcium deposits and remove surface oil/film by cleaning with Oceancare All Natural Degreaser.
- Allow calcium deposits to completely dry. Calcium Releaser is most effective when applied to dry deposits.
- Apply Calcium Releaser liberally and allow it to sit several minutes; the product will react with the calcium and bubble. If using as a media-blasting pretreatment, allow product to sit a minimum of 10 minutes before blasting.
- Scrub with a mildly abrasive nylon scrub-pad (3M WHITE OR BLUE PAD).
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until deposits are completely removed.
- Rinse thoroughly with clean water.
- To increase effectiveness, heat Calcium Releaser to 10 degrees F warmer than ambient air temperature.